Sleeping with a quick weave bob can be challenging, as you want to protect your natural hair and keep the weave looking neat and smooth. Here are a few tips for sleeping with a quick weave bob.
Cross wrapping is the best way to sleep with a weave Bob. It’s fast and straightforward and prevents kinks and bends in the hair, and the cross wrap also keeps the weave from pulling and stretching, keeping the tension of the weave, which will extend the life of the weave.
But below are some more options:
- Braid your hair: Before going to bed, braid your natural hair into small, neat braids. This will help prevent tangles and keep your hair from getting matted or tangled under the weave.
- Cover your hair: Use a silk or satin pillowcase or bonnet to cover your hair while you sleep. These materials are less likely to cause friction and breakage, and will help keep your hair smooth and frizz-free.
- Avoid getting the weave wet: Avoid getting your quick weave bob wet while you sleep, as this can cause the hair to become matted and tangled. If you sweat during the night, try using a dry shampoo or powder to absorb excess moisture.
- Use a leave-in conditioner: Before going to bed, apply a leave-in conditioner or oil to the ends of your natural hair to keep it moisturized and healthy.
- Sleep on your back: Sleeping on your back can help reduce the chance of tangles and knots, and will help keep your quick weave bob looking smooth and stylish.
By following these tips, you can help protect your natural hair and keep your quick weave bob looking its best.
You may have experienced the difficulties most of us find when wrapping our newly acquired quick weave Bob.
I’m sure you think it’s impossible to wrap your hair alone, and no matter how many times you try, the result is always the same, a disaster.
Don’t worry, you are not alone, and regardless of how many youtube videos you watch, it just never turns out the way you want it. It seems the only way to keep your quick weave looking great is to sleep standing up!
Related: Best movies to fall asleep too.
How Do You Slay a Quick Weave Bob? Cross Wrapping
You may not have tried this method, but let me tell you that once you have done cross wrapping, you will never conventionally wrap your hair again.
Gone are the hours of sitting in front of a mirror with treats of frustration, trying to get your quick weave to look good.
What Is Cross Wrapping?
We discovered cross wrapping by accident after searching and reading blog posts for what seems like an age.
Cross wrapping has changed the way I feel about having a quick weave Bob, it’s easy to do, and the following morning is easy to undo, and you don’t spend hours teasing out the weave.
Cross wrapping is an alternative to how you have been wrapping your weave since how your sister told you all those years back.
Instead of teasing your hair and wrapping your hair all around your head (Which Is challenging to do with a quick weave Bob) you split the hair into two sections divided by your center parting.
When you have divided the hair and folded it neatly into place, you simply use clips to secure the two halves.
Can You Sleep In a Quick Weave?
You can bet your life you can, and it makes sleeping more comfortable too.
This method of wrapping a short weave allows the hair to rest in a more natural position instead of the traditional bowl of spaghetti type of wrap.
It’s far more accessible than conventional types of wrapping that can take an age trying not to put kinks in your hair.
If you are not convinced to try this so far, how about I tell you that cross wrapping straightens out kinks and bends and dents from updos you have attempted.
While you are sleeping, your hair weave is not being pulled and tugged in the wrong direction. Without this manipulation of the hair, your hair will look natural and last longer.
Cross wrapping reduces the tension of the weave connections and ends of the hair extending the life of the weave.
This cross wrapping method should leave you with a blank canvas when you wake in the morning to start styling your hair just the way you want without untangling the spaghetti hair of a normal wrap.
What’s excellent is unlike the usual wrap, your hair will not be flat when you wake. We all know how unattractive a flat hair day is!
You do not need a comb or brush to release the cross wrap.
How To Cross Wrap
You will need a few basics.
- Your favorite comb to detangle your quick weave Bob from stresses of the day
- Bobby pins, hairpins, and or hair clips to hold the weave in place. It’s not too many with a short weave like a Bob
- Your favorite go-to head wrap, maybe a silk scarf. As long as it is secure and comfortable, choose your preference.
- Feel your hair; if it feels as if it needs moisture, add a natural mixture of oil to deal with the hair strands. You can leave your conditioner in the weave, which will work as well.
How Do You Wrap a Quick Weave Bob at night?
- Moisten your hair and detangle using a brush or comb, whichever works best for you.
- Make two pigtails using your fingers to gather your hair from the center of your head gently.
- You Will take one side and pin the hair into place on the opposite side of the back of your head.
- Take the other side and do the same using the opposite to the first procedure. Pin the last side, so it’s secure.
- Take your scarf and tie it securely to stay in place through the night while you are sleeping.
- Gently remove the hairpins. Removing the hairpins will prevent your hair from being indented when you wake in the morning.
It’s fast and straightforward, and you’ll be impressed with the results when you wake.
How Do You Maintain a Bob at Night?
The main thing is to ensure your hair is moist. If your hair is dry, the results will not be so good, and the weave will be damaged over time.
Use a good conditioner to leave in the weave or natural hair oil for the best results.
Release your scarf and let your hair complete naturally with a bit of assistance from your finger.
Because we detangled the night before, that’s a process you can skip when you wake up. You are now ready to restyle your quick weave Bob and head out into the world looking great and feeling confident.
Use a good-quality moisturizer at night. A natural oil works wonders for sealing the hair and keeping it looking good. Nothing worse than a dry weave looking like a bird’s nest.
If you follow this procedure, you will extend the life of your quick weave bob and sleep like a baby.